Google's DeepMind group, and CBMM Industrial Partner, developed an artificial intelligence to master the traditional Chinese game "Go". Combining the machine learning methodologies of deep neural networks and reinforcement learning, AlphaGo defeated South Korean Go master Lee Sedol in a best-out-of-five match.
Read more from the following sources:
- New York Times - Master of Go Board Game Is Walloped by Google Computer Program
- AIResearch.com - How AlphaGo Mastered the Game of Go with Deep Neural Networks
- The Economist - Showdown: Win or lose, a computer program’s contest against a professional Go player is another milestone in AI
- Financial Times (subscription required) - Demis Hassabis, master of the new machine age
- Youtube - Round 1: AlphaGo v. Lee Se-dol