Undergraduate Lecture Series 2015
Prof. Pawan SINHA - MIT - "Modeling vision: Project Prakash"
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Laboratory for Vision Research at MIT
- Pawan Sinha's TED talk - "How the brain learn to see"
- Pawan Sinha's website
- An Interview with Pawan Sinha on NPR
- Project Prakash in India (PDF)
Patrick Winston - MIT - "The Genesis Group"
CBMM Coordinator for Research & Thrust 3 Investigator – Visual Intelligence, and Ford Professor of Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science
Rebecca Saxe - MIT - "Theory of Mind"
CBMM Research Thrust 1 Investigator – Development of Intelligence, and Associate Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience, Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences
Ken Nakayama - Harvard University - "Face Recognition"
CBMM Research Thrust 4 Investigator – Social Intelligence, Edgar Pierce Professor of Psychology
- Ken Nakayama's website
- Developmental prosopagnosia: a window to content-specific face processing (PDF) - A 2006 review article on Developmental prosopagnosia by Bradley Duchaine and Ken Nakayama
- Super-recognizers: People with extraordinary face recognition ability (PDF) - a great 2009 article by Russell, Duchaine and Nakayama on the study of individuals with superior face recognition abilities.
- Lecture Slides (PPTX)
Talia Konkle - Harvard University - " "
Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology
- Talia Konkle's website
- The functional architecture of the ventral temporal cortex and its role in categorization (PDF) - A review by Grill-Spector & Weiner on the anatomy of the VTC
Ed Boyden - MIT - "Tools for mapping and repairing the brain"
CBMM Research Thrust 2 Investigator – Circuits for Intelligence, and Associate Professor of Biological Engineering and Brain and Cognitive Sciences
- Ed Boyden's TED Talk
- Boyden video collection
- Ed Boyden web page: The Synthetic Neurobiology Group
- Review paper on Optogenetics (PDF) - "Optogenetic investigation of neural circuits underlying brain disease in animal models"
- Ed Boyden's Lecture Slides (PPTX)
- Paper on Expansion Microscopy (PDF) - A Tool for mapping the molecular structure of the brain
- Research paper #1 - "Independent optical excitation of distinct neural populations"
- Research Paper # 2 from the Boyden Group - "Simultaneous whole-animal 3D imaging of neuronal activity using light-field microscopy"
Leyla Isik - MIT - " "
CBMM Research Thrusts 2 & 4 Postdoctoral Associate - Circuits for Intelligence, Social intelligence
Liz Spelke - Harvard University - " "
CBMM Associate Director and CBMM Research Thrusts 1, 4 & 5 Investigator, Development of Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Theories for Intelligence, Professor - Department of Psychology
Nancy Kanwisher - MIT
CBMM Research Thrust 4 Leader – Social Intelligence, and Walter A. Rosenblith Professor of Cognitive Neuroscience in the Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences
- Nancy Kanwisher's TED Talk
- Nancy's Brain talks - A wonderful collection of short introductory videos on the science of face recognition
- Nancy Kanwisher's website
- Background on MRI technology - This is a YouTube video explaining the physics behind MRI
- Introduction to fMRI technology (PPT) - This is a powerpoint presentation prepared by Monica Gates to introduce fMRI