An introduction to Bayesian estimation and its application to estimating visual contrast from neural activity.
Taught by: Mehrdad Jazayeri and Josh Tenenbaum, MIT
- Bayesian tutorial (pdf) - Lecture slides by Mehrdad Jazayeri
- Bayesian tutorial (keynote) - Lecture slides by Mehrdad Jazayeri
- Tom Griffiths' Reading List on Bayesian Methods
- Mathematicalmonk videos on Machine Learning - Recommended by Josh Tenenbaum as "probably the single best way I can think of for someone to teach themselves machine learning and relevant topics in stats, from both Bayesian and non-Bayesian perspectives"
- Griffiths, T. L., Kemp, C. & Tenenbaum, J. B. (2008) Bayesian models of cognition, in Ron Sun (ed.), The Cambridge handbook of computational cognitive modeling. Cambridge University Press.
- Kording, K. (2007) Decision theory: what “should” the nervous system do?, Science 318(5850):606-610.
- Ghahramani, Z. (2015) Probabilistic machine learning and artificial intelligence, Nature 521:452-459.
- Murphy, K. P. (2007) Conjugate Bayesian analysis of the Gaussian distribution
- Roweis, S. (1999) Gaussian identities
- Conjugate prior Wikipedia page